Friday, June 5, 2009

Peanut butter cup bars

I found this recipe on Krista -- my niece's blog and thought it looked great.

I must be hungry!
Sorry I haven't been blogging We have been so busy with sick missionaries. The two that are staying with us right now Elder Bailey and Elder Peterson call us MOM and DAD. I haven't cook this much since I had teen age boys at home! Think I might try this one tonight see if they like it--can't be bad peanut butter and chocolate!



Peanut butter cup bars


3/4 cup brown sugar

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup butter or margarine

3/4 cup peanut butter

2 eggs

3/4 tsp soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup flour

1/2 cup oats

Cream together sugars & butters. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.Spread into a jelly-roll pan and bake @ 350 10-12 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.


Whip 1 1/2 cup peanut butter and spread over warm bars.


When completely cool, spread with chocolate frosting. (homemade or canned)

3 comments:

Krista said...

Mmmm! i hope they like it. we're having the missionaries over for dinner monday..maybe i'll try it on them too.

Pedaling said...

how can anyone go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!

The Heaps said...

Those do look good! Maybe Justin is getting some of those for Father's Day???