Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Doc!

Happy 57 th birthday to the Doctor!
Who would have thought that you'd be in Africa for your birthday? Oh maybe just about everyone that knows you and your lust for adventure.
It was a great day for the Doctor! He got two of the best presents he could think of.
Kris ( our oldest son) and mandolin player in the Bluegrass Band -- Fed Ex'd ( I'm sure at great expense) the recently released copy of Bluegrass Renaissance by the Red Mountain Bluegrass Band. For those of you that don't know, that was the band the doctor and his family played in before our departure to Africa.
Gavin our 4 year old grandson called -- Really Long Distant--to Grandpa and sang Happy Birthday to him over the phone. He also told him that he would get the shiniest coin out of his piggy bank and sent it to him for his birthday!
We sure love those Grand kids they just melt our hearts!

7 comments:

Pedaling said...

is there anything sweeter that a little grandkids voice singing to you a little happy birthday song? i don't think so. and i love the bluegrass cd- we have one of our own. it's great!
happy birthday to you Ralph, we sure love ya!

The Heaps said...

Happy Birthday! We sure do miss you a ton...hope it was a great day for you!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Ralph and Hi Denise.........oh my how your family (well all our families) have grown. I talked to Deena and she told me you were in Africa. I loved reading your blogg. I wrote to each of your kids. I got all of my genealogy and most of Grandma Heaps and I've been reading and reading.... I put together a book for my family and I think I would like to do that in time for all of you. I miss all of you so much. I invited your kids anytime to St. Johns and when you get back you are welcome too.
My kids all live around here. Jas, his wife and 2 boys, Jaymi, her husband and 2 girls live in Snowflake and Julie, her husband and 1 girl live here in St. Johns and the twins are on missions. Montana and Tennessee ..... Ed and I would love to have keep in touch... I will watch your blog.

Lov you and we'll pray for you along with our boys,
Nanette Whiting

Oh....not sure where, but one of the twins friends is in Africa. His name is Preston Wengert.

emily said...

HApPy HaPpY BiRThDaY RALPH!!! Love and miss you!!!!!!
love,
emily

The Heaps said...

Tag, you're it! Check my blog for further instructions

L.F.Theria said...

Happy birthday, Doc!

I have been listening to yuour old band. The new banjo picker is pretty good, but an arrogant and cranky old guy.

We all miss you tons, and Dawn sends her love to both of you. take care!

KatieZ said...

Wow, I just found your blog on the computer's history list at the cabin. I didn't know! How fun. Thanks for the shout out on Ellie's birth. I feel for those women!

Looks like you're having quite an adventure and I must say I'm jelous! I'm sure there are many hard times though. Glad all is well. You are missed around here.

Funny thing, I was just at Safeway here in Show Low and ran into your ?Sister-in-Law? The one who has a cabin up here. We chatted a bit. She's very nice.

I'll keep checking back. Hope you post again!

Katie Z